Cercle de la Presse was a baccarat house outside of Paris that first opened its doors in 1892. Gaming chips at this time were made of hand-engraved mother of pearl. The front of the chip bears the monogram and name of the establishment and the reverse bears the value of the chip. In this case 100 francs. Each chip measures 1 1/2" in diameter and has been prong set in sterling silver. There are two pieces available one set on a 19" necklace of hand knotted freshwater pearls and the second on an 18" necklace of crocheted cord punctuated with 6mm white Swarovski pearls.